A special web page that organizes access to all of the online resources relating to a topic, similar to providing a ‘one-stop shop’.
A Process map is graphical documentation of one or several processes created using process mapping. It provides an organisation with a possibility to improve its understanding of its operations.
Structure of process map
Process map is a graphical representation of the output of process mapping, and documents one or several processes of an organization. It contains information about
- inputs and outputs of the process in question
- requirements of the process
- sequence of steps of sub-processes
- interaction between other processes
- definition of a successful completion of the process
Process map may be depicted, for example, in a form of a flow chart, see Fig 1.
Benefits of process map
Clear documentation of processes provides an organisation with a better understanding of its own functions and operations and improves management system.
Fig 1. Example of a process map